Agile Testing (ICP-TST) Certification
- May 4, 2017 - May 16, 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Know what to expect from testing on an Agile project
This soon to be ICAgile accredited course examines the application of testing in teams who are working on Agile projects. You will delve into the specific testing practices and techniques that are used in Agile, while understanding the theory and concepts behind the Agile testing approach.
Be prepared to be immediately responsible and focused on quality!
You will cover the philosophy, values, principles and background of the Agile methodology and look at the flow, the processes and the environments relevant to testing and quality so that you have an overall understanding of quality and testing in the Agile world.
You will also learn the tools and techniques used in delivering quality and be given a structure for defining quality to ensure the project delivers the right product, at the right time, for the right customer.
If you’ve ever questioned how your role would change, or needed to understand the expectations of your output on an Agile project, then attend “Agile Testing” and provide yourself with the best tips and guidelines to be a successful and effective member of an Agile team.
Who Should Attend
- Test Analysts in Agile projects
- Project managers entering the Agile environment
- Managers of teams involved in Agile development
Lecturing is kept to the minimum necessary, most of the learning is achieved through applying the practices and techniques in group exercises and practical activities.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- understand the background to testing in an Agile project
- understand the definition of quality in an Agile project
- understand the roles and responsibilities of a typical Agile testing team
- understand the various tools available to Agile test teams to facilitate the testing of the project
- understand how Agile teams cooperate and collaborate to deliver quality solutions
- understand the collaboration required for quality solutions
- understand the roles and responsibilities of all team members in building quality solutions
- understand how to plan, perform and discuss quality and testing in the Agile team
- understand how discipline and standards contribute to Agility
- understand how to set up testing for success in an Agile team
An understanding of fundamental Agile concepts and an understanding of fundamental testing concepts.
We recommend attending Software Education’s Agile Fundamentals and Software Testing Essentials courses to gain the appropriate background knowledge.
This course aligns with the learning objectives of the International Consortium for Agile’s “Agile Testing” track. Successful completion of the course is a partial fulfilment of the requirements for the ongoing journey to becoming a “Certified ICAgile Expert – Agile Testing”. For more information go to www.icagile.com.
- The Agile culture and mind-set
- The genesis of Agile – where these approaches came from and why they work
- The Agile lifecycle and iterations
- Roles and responsibilities within an Agile team
- Agile testing components
- Agile testing approaches
- Working with distributed teams
- Categories/Types of testing
- Feature and Story Testing
- Test design techniques
- Record keeping
- Documentation options
- Defect management
- Example driven development
- Automation in the Agile team
- Test Strategies and Test Planning
- Project/release level
- Iteration level
- Story level
- Successful delivery
- Environments and Infrastructure
- Environment configurations
- Tool set up and usage
- Agile testing tools – big visible charts, things on walls, scope, definition of done
- Exploratory testing and supporting tools
- Working effectively in cross skilled teams
- Dealing with issues and feedback in the team
Venue: Rockville, MD
Venue Phone: 301-232-3301Address: